Phone: 303-731-6227
Toll Free: 866-604-2791

Requesting a change to a child support order

We at Frost & Beck PC see many occasions in which one or another parent of a child wishes to request a change to a child support order. Your life may be altered in ways that significantly affect your ability to carry out or live with the original agreement. Individual reasons may vary, but the State of Colorado states that one of two conditions must be met for the courts to consider an adjustment.  You must request at least a 10 percent change to the original dollar amount of the order. Alternately, you may wish the agreement to reflect a change in medical support.

A review is necessary to begin the process of adjusting an established child support order. You can justify a request through one or more of the following developments:

  •        There has been a change in the frequency of overnight stays with you or with the other parent.
  •        The costs of taking care of the child have risen.
  •        Your child has emancipated.
  •        Your income or that of the other parent has changed significantly.

Additionally, your request may be granted if your case has not had a review in three or more years.

You must submit your signed request in writing to the appropriate county Child Support Enforcement Unit. Financial documents, such several years of tax returns, three months of pay stubs, proof of SSI benefits, and medical and childcare receipts may all be used for verification.

The process can be complex, and may take up to six months to resolve. For more information about family issues, please visit our page.





No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact us now to set up a case evaluation

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Brand Footer

Centennial Office
6898 South University Blvd., Suite 110
Centennial, CO 80122

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Fax: 303-648-5874
Centennial Law Office Map

Denver Office
44 Cook St.
Denver, CO 80206

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Map & Directions

Boulder Office
4450 Arapahoe Ave.
Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80303

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Map & Directions

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Fax: 303-648-5874