Frost & Beck PC
Call today to speak with an accomplished family law attorney.
Phone: 303-731-6227

What do I need to know if I want to modify parenting time?

If you have a parenting plan in place with your child’s other parent, it likely sets forth how much time the child spends with each parent. Sometimes circumstances change and you may wish to modify the amount of time that one of the parents receives. Here is what you need to know about the process of modifying parenting time.

According to the Colorado Judicial Department, either parent can request a change if it is in the child’s best interest to do so. You must have an existing order in place before you can request a modification. The proper supporting documentation and filing fees must be submitted to the court in order for your request to be heard.

If you are seeking the modification without the approval of the other parent, you will need to provide him or her with a copy of your motion paperwork when you file with the court. You will also need to submit a certification proving that you served the papers. The court will review your filing and either set a hearing if it believes there are issues to resolve or sign an order approving the modification and send it to you.

If both parents agree that parenting time should be modified, a written agreement can be submitted with the required forms and fees and no hearing will be necessary. The court will simply review the issue and notify you of its approval. This is not intended to be legal advice and is provided only as general information on this topic.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
begin a consultationbegin a consultation

Contact us now to set up a case evaluation:

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Recent Blog Posts


#############getting infomation failed. is: 500 SSL upgrade failed: SSL connect attempt failed with unknown error error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

Centennial Office
6898 South University Blvd., Suite 110
Centennial, CO 80122

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Fax: 303-648-5874
Centennial Law Office Map

Denver Office
44 Cook St.
Denver, CO 80206

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Map & Directions

Boulder Office
4450 Arapahoe Ave.
Suite 100
Boulder, CO 80303

Toll Free: 866-604-2791
Phone: 303-731-6227
Map & Directions