Do You Need Help Enforcing A Child Support Order

Ensuring that the child's financial needs are met is the primary goal of family law courts in child support matters — that means holding each parent accountable for providing financial support to the child or children involved.

When one parent is not meeting his or her legal obligation to pay child support, it may be necessary to seek child support enforcement measures through the court. Two viable options to enforce payment may include wage garnishment or child support liens. If the other parent is purposefully not complying with court-ordered child support, another option is to file a motion for contempt of court, which may entail remedial measures such as jail time for the offending parent or a reimbursement of attorney fees for the harmed parent. It is advisable to work with an attorney during this complex and often contentious process.

At Frost & Beck, PC, we help parents throughout the Denver and Boulder areas seek a child support enforcement if the other parent is refusing to pay child support. We understand how stressful your situation may be. Our Denver child support enforcement lawyers strive to help you get the money you need to ensure that your child's needs are met.

Child Support Modification

A change in income, job loss or another change in financial circumstances can make it difficult to pay child support. But until child support is modified, parents are bound to the original agreements that were established by the court.

If you are finding it difficult to pay child support due to a significant change in financial circumstances, talk to an attorney from our firm about the possibility of modifying child support.

Contact Our Denver and Boulder Lawyers for Child Support Enforcements

Call us toll free at 866-604-2791 or contact us by email to arrange a consultation with one of our Denver child support lawyers today.